Hello! Welcome to my personal website. I teach and supervise students in Digital Culture and Digital Humanities at the Universities of Bergen (NO) and Alberta (CA). My research interests are:
- Digital Media Aesthetics, Communication and Culture, with a specific emphasis on:
- Electronic literature: digital-born fictions and poetry; literary games; pre-web e-lit; medium-specific narratology and multimodal analysis; feminist and applied approaches to e-lit; empirical reader/player response research; body image and digital-born bibliotherapy; e-lit curatorship and preservation
- Videogame studies: literary gaming; metagames; the language(s)/discourse(s) of gaming; life formation games; ludonarratologies
- Theories of gender and the body
- Language in the media: videogame discourses; metalanguage; language ideologies (e.g. videogames, online fandom, and Wikipedia); critical sociolinguistics; gender and language
- Specialized language corpora: gamer language (GameCorp); see also past projects: written learner language (WHiG); Early Modern German newspapers (GerManC); Language in the Media.
On this website you’ll find an up-to-date list of my publications, as well as some information on courses I’ve taught; funded research projects, awards, and other credentials. My institutional homepage is here, and my full CV here.
To read about my reflections and my ongoing work, follow me on Twitter @AstridEnsslin.
N.B.: The headshot on this page is courtesy of the amazingly talented Carlota Megias.